Training Operations Coordinator
- Washington, DC
- Full Time
Note: We are not currently actively screening new applicants for this position, but if you’d like to be considered in the event that we re-open a search, please submit your resume, and we’ll let you know when we do.
Do you want to color-code the world, and do databases make you giddy? We want to talk to you! The Management Center (TMC) is seeking a Training Operations Coordinator, Open Registration to support our growing team. We’re looking for candidates who are highly organized, passionate about details, enjoy the thrill of fast-paced and complex logistics that contribute to major impact for social justice movements, and thrive on making things run well.
Who We Are
Our mission is to help leaders working for social change build and run more equitable, sustainable, and results-driven organizations. Founded in 2006, we’re now a 50-person, $11.5 million organization (and growing!). We have helped shape the practices of hundreds of influential organizations and thousands of individual managers, focusing, in particular, on leading progressive organizations working for social change. Our clients work on issues – like promoting immigration reform, fighting for racial, economic and gender justice, advocating for educational equity, and protecting voting rights – where they face an inherently uphill battle and so must fight more effectively than their opponents if they are going to win. We aim to help them do that by making their organizations as effective as possible through providing coaching, training, and publications for the broader field.
Our training program has experienced significant growth in recent years, with demand for our training services at times outpacing our capacity to meet it (hence the need for a fourth Training Operations Coordinator to help us increase the number of trainings we’re able to offer).
What You’ll Do
The Training Operations Coordinator is a deeply logistics and customer-service focused position and your job will primarily be (1) setting trainers and clients up for a phenomenal training experience through seamless logistics and (2) planning for online or on-site training sessions for application-based courses.
To be specific, you will:
- Perform logistics excellence for trainings so that our participants and trainers have a seamless training experience from beginning to end. This includes reviewing participant applications, managing training and practitioner calendars, and ensuring trainers and participants have everything they need to set their training experience up for success.
- Develop and lead pre- and post-training communications, as well as managing the relevant registration needs in our training management software.
- When in-person trainings resume, this will also include: arranging catering services and training venues for all open-registration trainings ordering materials, and tracking shipments from our distribution center to ensure training materials arrive on time.
- Complete general administrative duties, such as providing helpful timely responses to training inquiries in two external facing inboxes by navigating requests with a lens for problem-solving.
- Troubleshoot participant needs in our training management system. Primarily by adjusting client orders in a way that follows protocols of our Finance Team, invoice creation and discount management.
- Manage a large volume of training participant and financial data using various software programs, such as Salesforce and Arlo (our training management system).
- Work with the Ops team to build systems to improve participant experience, with special projects as needed.
Who You Are
The ideal candidate is someone who thrives in scenarios where there are multiple deadlines, simultaneous responsibilities, different moving parts, and many details that make the magic happen. More specifically, you will excel in the following areas:
- Deep customer-service sensibility. You exhibit empathy, resilience, friendliness, and good judgment in balancing making our clients love us and knowing where to draw the line. Your communication is inclusive, clear, and kind with all clients and colleagues and across lines of identity and power.
- Strong sense of ownership and resilience about your work coupled with excellent problem-solving skills. You consistently overcome challenges and leverage resources to creatively solve problems. You plan ahead and find alternative paths, when needed, to get to the finish line. You bounce back from setbacks and rejections and hold high expectations for yourself, even when things are hectic. You proactively ask for help, anticipate problems, and course-correct where needed. You have a successful track record of taking a concept from idea to implementation.
- Commitment to centering racial equity and justice. You contribute to our commitment to antiracism by helping to surface potential issues of inequity, engaging in ongoing learning individually and with the team(s), and applying new learnings to your work and the efforts of the team. You effectively collaborate and engage with folks across lines of difference and power towards outcomes and goals.
- Amazing organizational skills and attention to detail in a fast-paced, high work volume environment. You triple-check your work, even in a crunch for time. You notice and fix errors that others might overlook, and you’re able to effectively plan and prioritize when faced with competing deadlines. You effectively manage high-stakes work and value quality over quantity; you’re not easily flustered when faced with new or unexpected operations scenarios. You exhibit these qualities without succumbing to perfectionism or false urgency, and you don’t expect that of your colleagues, either!
- An appetite and aptitude for digging into systems and data. You enjoy learning and working through complex processes and systems in order to improve efficiency. You're committed to tracking data and will consistently strive to find ways to do it better.
You will also engage as a strong team member by living into our core values (focusing on impact; advancing racial justice; embracing learning; striving to excel; being unusually helpful; and building connection, trust, and joy), meeting internal responsibilities, collaborating with peers on team / organizational initiatives, and being responsive to all colleagues.
We like to think of our culture as one that combines excellence with heart, and we’re looking for people who can help us build on that culture.
Lastly, a good sense of humor always helps!
What Else You Should Know
The position is full-time and is based in Washington, DC (We are fully remote for now, but this position will return to the office when we are safely able to return). And even after we return to the office, you will have work-from-home days.
The salary range for Coordinator roles is between $52,530 to $63,036, with exact salary depending on experience and new staff rarely starting at the top of the range.
We also offer excellent benefits, including a trans and gender non-binary health fund, generous time off, and an additional 5% employer contribution to your retirement fund with no match required.
We are an equal opportunity employer, are committed to racial equity and social justice, and we make a particular effort to recruit people who identify as Black, Indigenous, and people of color and trans and gender non-binary folks to apply for open positions.